Visitor Policy in Response to COVID-19
Policies updated October 13, 2022
For the safety of our patients and our staff, McLean Hospital continues to encourage virtual visits with friends and family via FaceTime or Zoom, however, we also allow in-person visits. If you are planning to visit someone on one of the McLean campuses, please read the following information.
Visiting hours are 2-8pm, seven days a week. Patients may have a maximum of two visitors at a time. The only exception to this policy is for support persons.
All visitors must check in with Security and must complete a COVID-19 pre-screen questionnaire.
Day of Visit
- Please complete the COVID-19 pre-screen questionnaire online
- As a reminder, if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID or have had a COVID exposure within the last 10 days, please postpone your visit
- Belmont campus: Before going to the program, please proceed to the Security Office in the Admissions Building, ground floor
- McLean SouthEast in Middleborough: Please visit the Security desk in the front lobby
- At Security, you may be asked to confirm that you have completed the pre-screen questionnaire and will be given a visitor sticker
- Upon entering the building, you should sanitize your hands and put on a hospital-issued mask, which you must wear properly covering your mouth and nose for your entire visit
During Your Visit
For your safety and ours, we ask that you adhere to the following regulations during your visit:
- Always wear the hospital-issued mask properly while on hospital grounds
- Please no eating or drinking when visiting a treatment program
Following Your Visit
Within 72 hours of your visit, if you develop symptoms of COVID (a new cough, loss of smell and or taste, fever, sore throat, muscle aches or shortness of breath) or test positive for COVID, please immediately notify the unit you visited.
Looking for More Information?
At McLean, we are dedicated to supporting our patients and their families through the COVID-19 pandemic. Find access to our patient-focused resources.