McLean Hospital Title:
- Medical Director, 3East Boys Intensive Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Byron Garcia, MD, is a board-certified child and adolescent psychiatrist who specializes in the care of adolescents and young adults with mood and anxiety disorders, OCD, and ADHD. As the medical director at the 3East Boys Intensive Program, his goal is to implement an effective treatment for his patients to resolve or significantly reduce their symptoms. At the same time, he has a compassionate approach with a focus on the patient’s strengths and building new skills.
Dr. Garcia has a vast background in clinical, administrative, and teaching responsibilities. He is an expert in medication management, with 23 years of experience. Dr. Garcia has lectured on treating Latin-American patients with psychiatric illnesses. He has participated in clinical research on predicting outcomes for depression comparing standardized tools with clinician’s prognosis. Dr. Garcia is also a staff psychiatrist at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Education & Training:
- 1989 Physician/Surgeon, School of Medicine, Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana, Medellin, Colombia
- 1992-1993 Internship in Pediatrics, Albert Einstein School of Medicine
- 1993 -1997 Residency in Adult, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- 1997 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2001, 2011 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2002, 2012 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Arlington campus - Merck Building, Room 111