McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
David J. Alperovitz, PsyD, earned his doctorate in clinical psychology from the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology. He completed pre-doctoral training at Tufts University, a post-doctoral fellowship in psychology for the treatment of trauma and dissociative disorders at McLean Hospital, and a clinical fellowship in Harvard Medical School’s Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Alperovitz holds an appointment as an assistant professor of psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Alperovitz has over 25 years of experience working at McLean Hospital, primarily with individuals with OCD, eating disorders, trauma histories, and dissociative symptoms. He has maintained a private practice treating adolescents and adults for close to 20 years. Dr. Alperovitz joined the staff at the OCD Institute as a behavioral therapist in 2018.
Education & Training:
- 1993 BA in Psychology, Bates College
- 2001 PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
- 2000-2001 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Tufts University Counseling Center
- 2001-2002 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Treatment of Women, Trauma and Dissociation, McLean Hospital/ Harvard Medical School
- 2002 Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Orchard House, Room 204