Emily L. Belleau, PhD
Assistant Neuroscientist, Laboratory for Translational and Affective Neuroscience
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Emily L. Belleau, PhD, completed her doctoral studies in clinical psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee under the mentorship of Christine Larson, PhD. After completing a clinical internship at the University of Mississippi Clinical Psychology Consortium, she joined the Laboratory for Translational and Affective Neuroscience, directed by Dr. Diego Pizzagalli, as a clinical and research post-doctoral fellow. She is currently an assistant neuroscientist at McLean Hospital and an assistant professor of psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Her research focuses on using multimodal neuroimaging techniques to examine neurobiological mechanisms underlying stress-related disorders, particularly major depressive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Education & Training
- 2008 BS in Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
- 2016 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- 2015-2016 Clinical Internship, University of Mississippi Medical Center/GV, Sonny Montgomery VA Medical Center Psychology Training Consortium
- 2016-2019 Clinical and Research Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Laboratory for Translational and Affective Neuroscience, McLean Hospital