Michaela B. Swee, PhD
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Michaela B. Swee, PhD, is a staff psychologist in the Outpatient Trauma Clinic and co-director of Adult Psychology Training at McLean Hospital. She is an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Her research and clinical interests surround the intersection of shame, self-compassion, and internalizing psychopathology (e.g., trauma- and stressor-related disorders, anxiety disorders, and obsessive-compulsive related disorders). Dr. Swee is interested in improving and delivering treatments aimed at helping individuals struggling with high levels of shame and self-criticism across a range of psychological disorders. To this end, she specializes in acceptance, mindfulness, and compassion-focused approaches that aim to help individuals reduce struggle in their lives and foster warmer intra- and interpersonal relationships.
Dr. Swee is the recipient of numerous awards, including the 2023-2024 McLean Presidential Award and the 2022-2023 Adam Corneel Young Investigator Award. She has published numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters.
Education & Training
- 2012 BA in Psychology, Wesleyan University
- 2021 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Temple University
- 2020-2021 Pre-Doctoral Internship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2021-2022 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2022 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts