McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, OCD Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Michele Candrian, PhD, is a licensed clinical psychologist specializing in the treatment of depression, anxiety disorders, and obsessive compulsive disorders. She is currently an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a staff psychologist at the OCD Institute at McLean Hospital, where she provides group and individual therapy using various approaches (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy, exposure and response prevention therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavior therapy) and leads groups focused on emotional regulation, guilt, and mindfulness.
Dr. Candrian maintains a private practice focused on depression and anxiety across the lifespan, in which she implements evidence-based psychotherapy treatments.
Education & Training:
- 1990 BA in Occupational Therapy, School for Occupational Therapy, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1996 MA in Psychology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- 2007 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- 2010-2011 Internship in Clinical Psychology, McLean Hospital
- 2011-2012 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, OCD Institute, McLean Hospital
- 2012 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - North Belknap, Room 319