McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Rachel B. Weiss, PhD, is a clinical psychologist at the Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program at McLean Hospital, with expertise in empirically supported treatments for mood, anxiety, and personality disorders. She is also a primary supervisor for McLean’s pre-doctoral fellowship program in clinical psychology, and is extensively involved in the training of students and early career psychologists.
Dr. Weiss has published numerous peer-reviewed articles on the delivery and evaluation of evidence-based treatment in a partial hospital setting, and on the transactional relationship between mood disorders and psychosocial stress. She serves on multiple committees throughout McLean, including those focused on structural competency in mental health care, as well as training and implementation for electronic health care collaboration initiatives.
Education & Training:
- 2004 BA in Psychology, Harvard University
- 2010 MA in Clinical Psychology, Temple University
- 2012 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Temple University
- 2011-2012 Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, Pennsylvania Hospital/University of Pennsylvania Healthcare System
- 2012-2013 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2014 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Recreation Building, Room 139