Rachel B. Weiss, PhD
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Rachel B. Weiss, PhD, is a senior staff psychologist at McLean’s Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program (BHP), with expertise in proven treatments for mood, anxiety, and personality disorders. She is also the associate director of Psychology Training for the McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, where she oversees the education of students and early career psychologists. Dr. Weiss has published numerous peer-reviewed articles on the delivery and evaluation of evidence-based treatment in a partial hospital setting, and on the transactional relationship between mood disorders and psychosocial stress.
Dr. Weiss is also the director of Clinical Operations at the BHP and is committed to developing innovative virtual strategies for enhancing accessibility to mental health care. She serves on multiple committees throughout McLean, including those focused on dissemination of educational content that supports diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, and design and implementation of electronic health care collaboration initiatives.
Education & Training
- 2004 BA in Psychology, Harvard University
- 2010 MA in Clinical Psychology, Temple University
- 2012 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Temple University
- 2011-2012 Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, Pennsylvania Hospital/University of Pennsylvania Healthcare System
- 2012-2013 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2014 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts