McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Medical Director, McLean SouthEast Adult Psychiatric Programs
- Assistant Psychiatrist, Neurodevelopmental Laboratory on Addictions and Mental Health
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Simona Sava MD, PhD, is a board certified psychiatrist specializing in the treatment of adult mood, anxiety, and psychotic disorders. Her interests include the neurobiology of mental illness and psychopharmacology, as well as continuous quality improvement, cross-cultural psychiatry, collaborative care, and medical education.
In her clinical practice, Dr. Sava uses a multifaceted approach that integrates biological, psychological, social, and cultural aspects to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care.
Education & Training:
- 1998 MD, Grigore T. Popa University, Iasi, Romania
- 2006 PhD, University of Connecticut
- 2010-2014 Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Harvard South Shore Residency Program, Harvard Medical School
- 2007-2008 Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Neuroimaging, McLean Hospital
- 2008-2010 Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Neuroimaging, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2014 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
McLean SouthEast - 23 Isaac Street, Middleborough, MA