McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychiatrist, Psychiatric Neurotherapeutics Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Brian W. Boyle, MD, is a staff psychiatrist at McLean Hospital’s Psychiatric Neurotherapeutics Program, where he cares for patients with treatment-resistant depression using ketamine and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). He is interested in the treatment of patients who struggle with both mood and personality disorders, requiring a synthesis of biological and psychological formulations.
In his role, Dr. Boyle draws upon his experience as a psychotherapist trained in psychodynamic and mentalization-based treatment techniques. He also consults for the McLean’s Gunderson Outpatient Program.
Education & Training:
- 2010 BA in Philosophy, Yale University
- 2015 MD, Harvard Medical School
- 2015-2019 Residency in Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2018 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2019 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room G03