McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Psychologist, Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction Clinical and Health Services Research Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Dawn E. Sugarman, PhD, is a research psychologist in the Center of Excellence in Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction at McLean Hospital. Dr. Sugarman focuses her research and clinical work on the treatment of addictive behaviors. She is particularly interested in gender-specific treatment for substance use disorders and the use of technology in effective treatment dissemination.
Previously, Dr. Sugarman’s research has been supported by the Norman E. Zinberg Fellowship Award, and she was the inaugural recipient of the Sarles Young Investigator Award for Research on Women and Addiction. Dr. Sugarman also serves as the communications editor for the Harvard Review of Psychiatry.
Education & Training:
- 1998 BA in Psychology, Emory University
- 2005 MS in Clinical Psychology, Syracuse University
- 2009 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Syracuse University
- 2008-2009 Pre-Doctoral Fellow, Yale Medical School
- 2009-2011 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Yale Medical School/VA Connecticut Healthcare System
- 2014 Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Proctor House, Room G23