McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Treatment and Etiology of Depression in Youth (TEDY) Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Hannah Lawrence, PhD, graduated with her doctoral degree in clinical psychology from the University of Maine, completing her internship at Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. Her research examines the role of mental imagery in the etiology and treatment of mood disorders. She has a particular interest in examining physiological and affective response to maladaptive imagery-based cognition, such as imagery-based rumination, and evaluating and developing imagery-based treatments for depressed and/or suicidal youth.
Dr. Lawrence has received funding for her research from the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies and the Society for Psychophysiological Research. She is a current recipient of an American Federation for Suicide Prevention Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship to study suicidal mental imagery in adolescents.
Education & Training:
- 2012 BS in Psychology, Davidson College
- 2016 MA in Psychology, University of Maine
- 2020 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Maine
- 2019-2020 Pre-Doctoral Clinical Internship, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room 239