McLean Hospital Title:
- MR Physicist, McLean Imaging Center
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Chun S. Zuo, PhD, received his BS in physical chemistry from Fudan University in Shanghai, China and his PhD in physical chemistry from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. After graduation, Dr. Zuo received his post-doctoral training, focusing on magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy at the NMR-Center at Massachusetts General Hospital. He joined the Radiology Department at Deaconess Hospital (now Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center), as a MR physicist in 1994 and was certified in MR physics by the American Broad of Medical Physics in 2000.
Dr. Zuo joined the McLean Imaging Center in 2002. His current research interests are focused on the application of magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy in the research and treatment of substance addiction and psychiatric disorders.
As principal investigator or co-investigator on several industry- and NIH-funded grants, Dr. Zuo has conducted research concerning the application of magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy in medical-related issues. In recent years, his efforts have focused on addiction, neuroimaging, and translational research.
Dr. Zuo has extensive experience conducting MR imaging and spectroscopy studies on both animal and human subjects. Also, he has specific experience measuring CBV, GABA, and glutamate. He gained this experience through studies utilizing novel imaging and spectroscopic techniques to monitor neurochemical profiles in the bilateral striatum during marijuana abstinence.
Dr. Zuo previously collaborated with Scott E. Lukas, PhD, director of the McLean Imaging Center, on a cocaine abstinence human study. He continues to collaborate with other investigators at the McLean Imaging Center on a variety of research topics using human subjects.
- Brian P. Brennan, MD, MMSc, McLean Hospital
- Fei Du, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Brent P. Forester, MD, MSc, McLean Hospital
- Blaise Frederick, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Staci Gruber, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Michael Henry, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Amy C. Janes, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Marc J. Kaufman, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Thomas Lai, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan
- Scott E. Lukas, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Dost Öngür, MD, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Lin Pan, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
- Diego A. Pizzagalli, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Perry F. Renshaw, MD, PhD, MBA, University of Utah
- Marisa M. Silveri, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Jennifer T. Sneider, PhD, McLean Hospital
- Chris Streeter, MD, Boston University Medical School
- Gang Yu, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
- Junliang Yuan, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Zuo CS, Seoane PR, Thomsen M, Gillis T, Meloni E, Harnish PP, Renshaw PF. EVP-ABD-enhanced MRI to evaluate diffuse liver disease in a rat model. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2008;27(6):1317-21.
Zuo CS, Sung YH, Simonson DC, Habecker E, Wang J, Haws C, Villafuerte RA, Henry ME, Dobbins RL, Hodge RJ, Nunez DJ, Renshaw PF. Reduced T2* values in soleus muscle of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. PloS One. 2012;7(11):e49337.
Zuo CS, Lin P, Vitaliano G, Wang K, Villafuerte R, Lukas SE. A preliminary evaluation of the correlation between regional energy phosphates and resting state functional connectivity in depression. NeuroImage. Clinical. 2015;9:348-54.
Education & Training:
- 1982 BS in Chemistry, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- 1990 PhD in Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 1990-1993 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, MGH-Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Center and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary/Harvard Medical School
- 2000 MR Physics, American Board of Medical Physics
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 136