McLean Hospital Title:
- MR Physicist, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Research Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Fei Du, PhD, has substantial background in high/ultra-high field MRS technical development and neuroscience application. In particular, he has applied EEG, fMRI and in vivo MRS to assess brain activity, cerebral metabolism of energy, and neurotransmitter Glu-Gln cycling.
Dr. Du’s current research interest is in better understanding neurobiological mechanisms underlying psychiatric disease and substance abuse disorders using multimodal neuroimaging techniques (fMRI, DTI, MRS), developing novel MRI/MRS approaches for better diagnosis and monitoring disease progression and treatment response.
Education & Training:
- 1993 BS in Chemistry, Sichuan Normal College, China
- 1996 MS in Chemical Physics, Jilin University, China
- 2000 PhD in Biophysics/Magnetic Resonance, Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Science
- 2000-2003 Post-Doctor, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 105