McLean Hospital Title:
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Alison Wakeford, PhD, is currently a post-doctoral fellow in the Behavioral Biology Program in McLean Hospital. Previously, she was a post-doctoral fellow at the Yerkes National Primate Research Center, where she examined the contribution of early-life stress to the abuse-related effects of cocaine self-administration. In addition, she also examined the neurobiological consequences of early-life stress using positron emission tomography imaging.
Currently, Dr. Wakeford is interested in investigating how drugs of abuse may modulate social behavior which, in turn, could play a factor in the future use and misuse of drugs.
Education & Training:
- 2010 BS in Psychology, University of Georgia
- 2013 MA in Experimental Psychology, American University
- 2015 PhD in Behavior, Cognition, and Neuroscience, American University
- 2016-2019 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Emory University
Belmont campus - Oaks Building, Room 312