McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychologist, 3East
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Lecturer on Psychiatry, Part-Time
Benjamin Banister, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist and instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. He is the program director of the 3East Cambridge Transitional Residence, a community-based dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) program for college-aged young women. While he has experience working with the full scope of mental health issues, his focus is in the treatment of anxiety disorders, mood disorders, personality disorders, eating disorders, and emotional dysregulation.
Dr. Banister specializes in the use of evidence-based treatments, including DBT and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). He has worked with adults, couples, adolescents and young adults, as well as families.
Education & Training:
- 2000 BA, University at Albany
- 2006 PsyD, University of Hartford
- 2004-2005 Clinical Psychology Intern, Westborough State Hospital
- 2005-2007 Clinical Psychology Post-Doctoral Fellow, Two Brattle Center
- 2007 Licensed Psychologist and Health Service Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - East House