McLean Hospital Title:
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Lecturer on Psychiatry
David H. Rubin, MD, is the director of the Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program and the director of Postgraduate Education for Massachusetts General Hospital. He also serves as the executive director for the MGH Psychiatry Academy. Dr. Rubin’s clinical career has largely concentrated on severe manifestations of psychopathology, particularly in the realm of depression, anxiety, and neuropsychiatric illness. He has extensive experience in inpatient, residential, day hospital, and emergency room care and administration, and regularly performs institutional level consultations to improve clinical standards and outcomes for those environments.
Dr. Rubin is an invited lecturer nationally on topics related to withdrawn behavior in youth, the treatment of pediatric depression, and medical education across the medical student to postgraduate continuum. He also frequently consults to the popular media and was featured in Horizon Films’ documentary The Passage of Time.
Education & Training:
- 1995 AB, Brown University
- 2001 MD, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- 2001-2002 Internship in Internal Medicine, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- 2002-2004 Residency in Psychiatry, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- 2004-2006 Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and McLean Hospital
- 2006 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2013 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room 213