McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Preclinical Pharmacology Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Fernando Barreto de Moura, PhD is a post-doctoral research fellow in the Preclinical Pharmacology Program at McLean Hospital. His research utilizes complex behavioral assays to better understand the in vivo pharmacology and neurobiology of drugs of abuse. Dr. Moura’s research projects use cutting-edge neuroimaging techniques concurrently with preclinical models of drug abuse to elucidate neurobiological mechanisms associated with substance abuse disorders. He is also interested in using receptor theory and behavioral economics to better model and characterize behaviors related to addiction.
Dr. Moura received his PhD in pharmacology from the University of Texas Health Science Center in 2017, and he joined the Preclinical Pharmacology Program in the same year to study with Drs. Jack Bergman and Stephen J. Kohut. In 2019, Dr. Moura joined the NIDA Drug Abuse and Brain Imaging T32 at McLean Hospital.
Education & Training:
- 2010 BA in Psychology/Biology, The University of Texas at San Antonio
- 2017 PhD in Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2008 NIDA Undergraduate Research Fellowship, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- 2018 Livingston Fellowship, Harvard Medical School
- 2019- Present NIDA T32 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 207