McLean Hospital Title:
- Associate Director, Laboratory for the Study of Adult Development
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Lecturer on Psychiatry, Part-Time
Frances R. Frankenburg, MD, completed her medical and psychiatry training at the University of Toronto, and came to Boston in 1982. She worked at McLean Hospital, first as a research fellow and then as a staff psychiatrist, until 1995. She is now chief of Inpatient and Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry at the Bedford VA and a professor of Psychiatry at the Boston University School of Medicine.
Dr. Frankenburg continues to be actively involved in the Laboratory for the Study of Adult Development, directed by Dr. Mary Zanarini.
Frankenburg FR. Vitamin discoveries and disasters: history, science, and controversies. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger/ABC-CLIO, 2009.
Frankenburg FR. Brain-robbers: how alcohol, cocaine, nicotine, and opiates have changed human history. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger/ABLC-CLIO, 2014.
Frankenburg FR, ed. Human medical experimentation: from smallpox vaccines to secret government programs. Greenwood, 2017.
Education & Training:
- 1978 MD, University of Toronto
- 1978-1982 Residency, University of Toronto
- 1982-1984 Clinical and Research Fellow, McLean Hospital
- 1988 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology