McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, McLean School Consultation Service
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Julia Martin Burch, PhD, is a member of the McLean School Consultation Service, which trains school-based mental health staff around Massachusetts in the use of scientifically proven mental health treatments. She specializes in evidence-based treatments, including cognitive behavior therapy and exposure and response prevention therapy for youth anxiety and obsessive compulsive and related disorders.
Dr. Martin Burch is also interested in disseminating scientifically proven practices for child anxiety to the lay public, including writing articles focused on child anxiety for Harvard Health and the American Psychological Association. To accompany child-oriented educational picture books, she also writes “Notes to Parents and Caregivers,” which include proven strategies to support anxious children.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BA in Psychology and English, Bucknell University
- 2015 MA in Psychology, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- 2017 PhD in Psychology, Fairleigh Dickinson University
- 2016-2017 Pre-Doctoral Internship (Child Track), Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2017-2018 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2018 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Cambridge Outpatient - 799 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA