Jungjin Kim, MD
Medical Director, Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction Inpatient Program
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Jungjin Kim, MD, is the medical director of the inpatient program in the Division of Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction at McLean Hospital. He is board-certified in general, addiction, and forensic psychiatry. His clinical work focuses on the inpatient treatment of individuals struggling with substance use disorder and other co-occurring psychiatric disorders.
Dr. Kim’s clinical and research interests include optimizing alcohol and drug withdrawal management, addressing co-occurring psychiatric illness in individuals with substance use disorder, and forensic addiction psychiatry. He provides forensic consultation and expert witness services for civil and criminal cases and is active in teaching fellows, residents, and medical students.
Education & Training
- 2007 BA in Biological Sciences, University of Chicago
- 2014 MD, SUNY Upstate Medical University
- 2014-2018 Psychiatry Residency, Emory University School of Medicine
- 2018-2019 Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship, Harvard Medical School/Mass General Brigham
- 2019-2020 Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship, SUNY Upstate Medical University/Central New York Psychiatric Center
- 2018 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2018 Medical License, New York State Medical Board
- 2018 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2020 Addiction Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2021 Forensic Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology