McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Neuroscientist, Opto-Magnetic Group (OMG), McLean Imaging Center
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Lia M. Hocke, PhD, has established theoretical and methodological research skills in the field of brain imaging, especially with functional near-infrared spectroscopy and functional magnetic resonance imaging. Her work focuses on nuisance signals, including method development and optimization to reduce such noise as well as its usage and application.
Dr. Hocke is currently studying the assessment of blood flow in healthy normal controls and patients with stroke and peripheral artery disease.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BSc in Psychology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- 2011 MS in Cognitive and Clinical Neuroscience, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- 2015 PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Tufts University
- 2017-2018 Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, Department of Radiology, University of Calgary, Canada
- 2018-2019 Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, McLean Imaging Center, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 208