McLean Hospital Title:
- Program Director, Ambulatory Treatment Center at Naukeag
William Krauss, LMHC, LCSW, LADCI, is the program director of McLean’s Ambulatory Treatment Center at Naukeag. His experience in providing addiction treatment includes working with many underserved populations: the homeless, HIV-positive individuals, women and their children, adolescents, and those with severe and persistent mental illness. Since 1988, he has focused on developing and implementing integrated dual diagnosis treatment (IDDT), an evidence-based model that addresses a person’s substance use in the context of the treatment of their mental illness.
Mr. Krauss co-founded the Worcester Area Dual Diagnosis Task Force, served on the Massachusetts Dual Diagnosis Task Force, and provided consultation for the Department of Mental Health. He has been recognized by the Central Massachusetts Substance Abuse Association as an employee of the year and has received a Special Recognition Award from the Department of Mental Health.
Education & Training:
- 1974 BA in Psychology Merrimack College
- 1979 MA in Psychology Montclair State University
- 1980 Licensed Certified Social Worker, Board of Registration of Social Workers, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1992 Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Board of Allied Mental Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2004 Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor I, Bureau of Substance Abuse Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Naukeag campus - 211 North Main Street, Petersham, MA