McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Laboratory for High-Field Imaging and Translational Neuroscience
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Xiaopeng Song, PhD, has a background in biomedical engineering and neuroscience, with extensive experience in development of novel biomedical imaging and digital signal analysis algorithms and computational models. His main research interest lies in the development and applications of advanced MRI/MRS techniques to study the energy, neurotransmission, and functional and structural modulations of psychiatry.
After training as a post-doctoral researcher at UCLA, studying the autonomic nervous system of patients with heart failure or sleep apnea, Dr. Song returned to the field of psychotic disorders with extended interests in using machine learning techniques to analyze multimodal data in order to study the mechanism and progression of psychotic disorders.
Education & Training:
- 2011 MS in Biomedical Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China
- 2016 PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, China
- 2016-2018 Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
Belmont campus - McLean Imaging Center, Room 203